Scheme for Strengthening of State Disaster Management Authorities and District Disaster Management Authorities under the Other Disaster Management Project (ODMP) Scheme.
The State of Madhya Pradesh and the National Disaster Management Authority, Government of India has signed a MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MoU) for implementation of the scheme for strengthening of M.P State Disaster Management Authority and District Disaster Management Authorities of the State under the Other Disaster Management Project (ODMP) Scheme of Govt. of India during the period 01.04.2016 to 31.01.2017.
The major objectives of the scheme are as follows:-
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Industrial disasters, Earthquake, Drought, Hailstorm.
- Digital flood hazard map of the entire state on 1:50000 scale.
- Development of mobile application interlinked to the websites of SDMA, SDERF, NDMA, SDMA, IMD etc with in-built safety feature to disseminate safety information on various hazards and enabling users to seek support in case of emergency.
- establishing of Satellite based communication system of SDMA
- Development of department specific Disaster Management Risk Reduction (DRR) Plan for Public Health & family welfare, Home Guard & Civil Defense and Environment & Urban Admn. (Fire department), Revenue, Police, Water Resource Department, Power Distribution Companies, Panchayat & Rural Development, Public Health Engineering (PHE), Transport department and Labour Department (Industrial Health and Safety).
- Organisation of capacity building program including training and mock drills.
- Updation of State Disaster Management Plan
- Updation of district Disaster Management Plans of Indore, Vidisha, Hoshangabad Morena, Datia, Khandwa, Raisen, Seoni, Satna, Sidhi, Chhindwara ,Sagar, Bhind, Shivpuri, Dewas, Sheopur, Tikamgarh, Shajapur, Agar-Malwa, Khargone, Burhanpur, Jhabua, Bhopal, Sehore,Singrauli, Ashoknagar, Gwalior, Ratlam, Mandsaur, Rajgarh, Betul, Panna, Katni, Mandla and Umaria, Damoh, Jabalpur, Rewa & Shahdol districts.